Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Trong rừng VN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trong rừng VN Empty Trong rừng VN

Post by Lão Mù Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am

How common was it for a U.S. military member to be attacked by wildlife during the Vietnam war?

Trong rừng VN Main-thumb-253021073-50-xjjmumobithspbfetirdnilgwdgfnepj
Ron Holland, former Air Quality Controller Retired 2012

Updated 20m ago · Upvoted by Ron Mueller, Infantryman 11 Bravo, 211/212/214 EF EW Communications Operator, 651 Fire Fighter and William Farrell, former Former Military Intelligence at U.S. Army (1980-1984)

Trong rừng VN Main-qimg-1ed536f015d3332b3b93229d588b0b55

Trong rừng VN Main-qimg-4305ca34a7b84d25700716c41c7927e0

Trong rừng VN Main-qimg-41306697efa2bb28e45f55b6f123aa08

Trong rừng VN Main-qimg-e7a936bef266089c70d146efe3e4ed48

Trong rừng VN Main-qimg-f23b435071c496e3e4ceb1d694fda6ef

Armored Cavalry Tanker Crewman, Vietnam

Photos above- these are found in the Vietnam jungles from top, very large centipedes, very large spider (12 inches across) fairly large snake, and a real bad boy-the wait a minute vine.

In jungle combat, we had to deal with wildlife every day and night. I've heard of grunts being attacked by tigers, I hadn't seen them but they were there. But not only wild animals like that, we tankers had to deal with other wildlife that was equally as dangerous.

There was the deadly and venomous snakes and insects. We had two weeks jungle training before being shipped to Vietnam. They didn't tell us which snakes were 'friendly' and which were badasses. The one we called the Two Stepper was supposed to be bad. After being bitten by it, you took two steps and apparently died. We never really tested that theory, although we knew a few gung ho officers we would have liked to try it on. We did learn the round headed snakes are usually ok and triangle headed snakes are venomous. But if we saw a round headed snake we sure as hell didn't pat it's head. I remember once when we were on a troop support ops in the jungle and a snake had fallen from a tree onto our TC (tank commander). He screamed then yelled through the horn (com), "A f——-g snake just fell on me!" I said back, "Does it have a round head or triangular head ?" I was a wise ass. He yelled back, " Who the f—k cares what kind of head it's got, the slimy ass thing fell on me!" We had a good laugh on that one. Our gunner really rubbed it in when he said, "Is he supposed to talk that way on the horn?" BUT, at the time, especially for our TC, a tense moment.

There were also huge Cobras that blended into the jungle and would stay stock still until you were on top of them. Some of us hated snakes more then the enemy. When mounting up, we would always shine a flashlight around to see if any snakes had crawled inside the tank. The thought of being inside the tank with a snake wasn't too delightful.

Centipedes (not the little centipedes you find at home) were foot long Alien looking things. Once on a night watch, on a jungle ops, I had one of these ugly monsters slither right up to me while I was in the turret manning the .50. I could hear the scratching sound of its legs for awhile but couldn't figure out what was making the sound. Quite nerve wracking. Never mind staring out into the black jungle trying to see VC sneaking up to you, one had to contend with these ugly monsters. Being night, I couldn't see it until it was right there. Inches from my arm. I killed it at the last moment with the butt end of my .45 on its head. These things had a vicious, painful bite and made you very sick. Huntsman Spiders with over one foot wide and scorpions are insects we we all had to watch out for. Important to always turn your boots upside down and shake them or smack the heel before putting them on. Then there were the ants. Billions and billions of flesh chomping ants and vicious, very large mosquitoes. And let's not forget those blood sucking leeches.

Lastly, trees and plants. Beautiful flowering plants that could permanently blind you or give you cardiac arrest in minutes. Then there was the 'Wait A Minute' vines. A group of seemingly innocent, thick, spiny vines hanging low down in the jungle. As soon as they are touched they come alive and wrap tightly around you squeezing tighter and tighter. A few unsuspecting tank commanders were latched by these things and pulled out of the hatches. One that I know of broke his shoulder when he fell. You wouldn't want these things (which could have been at home in a Harry Potter movie) grabbing you around the throat. TCs became aware of these quickly and evaded them or tried.

The Army infantry and Marines had it a lot worse than we did. They had to WALK through these unfriendly jungles and sleep and live there without the protection of being inside a tank. My 'helmet' off to those guys.

We were just young kids who just cut the apron strings to our moms not long ago and were in high school shortly before we were in that jungle. Were we attacked by wildlife during the Vietnam War? You bet your ass we were.
https://www.quora.com/How-common-was-it-for-a-U-S-military-member-to-be-attacked-by-wildlife-during-the-Vietnam-war

Lão Mù

Back to top Go down

Trong rừng VN Empty Re: Trong rừng VN

Post by 8DonCo Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 am

cho nên có huyền thoại "thú cũng đánh Mỹ" Laugh

Trong rừng VN JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by DamTc Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:10 pm

ngày xưa toi đọc mọt cuón sach, ten gì quên ròi . Nó nói máy thàng mỹ đuổi giét máy anh bộ đội của ta . Anh bộ đội lội qua suối, cá sâú nằm im khong nhụch nhích . Lúc máy thàng mỹ lội xuóng, máy con cá sấu nhào ra ăn thịt . Tụi mỹ khóc la um xùm . Cá sấu cũng bíét đánh mỹ Lol

DamTc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top