Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Marriage License

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage License Empty Marriage License

Post by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:48 am

Nen lam marriage license khong ACE?
avatar

LoveStory08


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by Floridian on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:53 am

Không! giàu cỡ như em coi chừng nó bắt .. spousal support .
Floridian

Floridian


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:56 am

Floridian wrote:Không!  giàu cỡ như em coi chừng nó bắt .. spousal support .  

Ai li di đau ma spousal support?
avatar

LoveStory08


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:58 am

Apply cho SSI can mariage license khong? Neu an tien cua chong?
avatar

LoveStory08


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by ga10 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:14 pm

LoveStory08 wrote:Apply cho SSI can mariage license khong? Neu an tien cua chong?

You don't need a marriage license but you do need to be married to him for at least 10 years and at the time of applying for SSI benéfits you're not married to someone else. Basically you can stiil apply for his SSI benefits eventhough you might be divorced from him but was not married to someone else and was married to him for at least 10 years!

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10127.pdf
ga10

ga10


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:16 pm

ga10 wrote:
LoveStory08 wrote:Apply cho SSI can mariage license khong? Neu an tien cua chong?

You don't need a marriage license but you do need to be married to him for at least 10 years and at the time of applying for SSI benéfits you're not married to someone else.  Basically you can stiil apply for his SSI benefits eventhough you might be divorced from him but was not married to someone else and was married to him for at least 10 years!

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10127.pdf

Thanks chi ga.

I wonder if they ask for prove that youre married?
avatar

LoveStory08


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by Torpedo on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:18 pm

youre still single?

Torpedo

Torpedo


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by ga10 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:20 pm

LoveStory08 wrote:
ga10 wrote:
LoveStory08 wrote:Apply cho SSI can mariage license khong? Neu an tien cua chong?

You don't need a marriage license but you do need to be married to him for at least 10 years and at the time of applying for SSI benéfits you're not married to someone else.  Basically you can stiil apply for his SSI benefits eventhough you might be divorced from him but was not married to someone else and was married to him for at least 10 years!

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10127.pdf

Thanks chi ga.

I wonder if they ask for prove that youre married?

You need to provide your spouse social security number and then they can see if you were married to him or not legally. If you don't know his SSN, you will need to give his birthday, place of birth, and his parents full names for them to find out his SSN.
ga10

ga10


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:24 pm

ga10 wrote:
LoveStory08 wrote:
ga10 wrote:

You don't need a marriage license but you do need to be married to him for at least 10 years and at the time of applying for SSI benéfits you're not married to someone else.  Basically you can stiil apply for his SSI benefits eventhough you might be divorced from him but was not married to someone else and was married to him for at least 10 years!

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10127.pdf

Thanks chi ga.

I wonder if they ask for prove that youre married?

You need to provide your spouse social security number and then they can see if you were married to him or not legally.  If you don't know his SSN, you will need to give his birthday, place of birth, and his parents full names for them to find out his SSN.

In cali you need to do both in order to become legally married.


Last edited by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar

LoveStory08


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by ga10 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:37 pm

LoveStory08 wrote:We applied for the license but never had a civil ceremony.  In cali you need to do both in order to become legally married.

You should check out the CA state laws since I am not familiar with it. However if you want to protect your spousal rights, I strongly suggest that you should make your marriage legal. Otherwise you might not even have the rights to decide for him if he becomes incapacitated or will have to go to probate court to get his assets.
ga10

ga10


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:47 pm

ga10 wrote:
LoveStory08 wrote:We applied for the license but never had a civil ceremony.  In cali you need to do both in order to become legally married.

You should check out the CA state laws since I am not familiar with it.  However if you want to protect your spousal rights, I strongly suggest that you should make your marriage legal.  Otherwise you might not even have the rights to decide for him if he becomes incapacitated or will have to go to probate court to get his assets.

Yea. I will.
avatar

LoveStory08


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by May4phuong on Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:16 pm

Hỏi chi vậy bé Love ?
May4phuong

May4phuong


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by LoveStory08 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:29 pm

May4phuong wrote:Hỏi chi vậy bé Love ?

Hoi cho biet đo ma sis. :Giggling:
avatar

LoveStory08


Back to top Go down

Marriage License Empty Re: Marriage License

Post by Sponsored content



Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum