Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

They live among us!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

They live among us!  Empty They live among us!

Post by ga10 Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 pm

1) We live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local city council office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road.

The reason: 'Too many deers are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

2) We had to have the garage door repaired. The repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'You need a 1/4 horsepower.'
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two.' We haven't used that repairman since...

3) The pedestrian light on the corner beeps when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an 'intellectually challenged' co-worker of mine.
She asked if I knew what the beeper was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'what on earth are blind people doing driving?!' She is a government employee.....

ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

They live among us!  Empty Re: They live among us!

Post by 8DonCo Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Laugh Laugh

They live among us!  JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top