Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled Empty Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled

Post by 8DonCo Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled over possible E. coli risk, FDA says

(CNN)A limited number of cases of organic romaine lettuce hearts have been recalled because of a possible risk of E. coli.
The US Food and Drug Administration announced Saturday that Dole Fresh Vegetables, Inc. voluntarily recalled the produce.
Dole is coordinating with regulatory officials, and no illnesses have been reported in association with the recall.

The impacted products were distributed in Arizona, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota and Virginia, and were harvested and packed nearly four weeks ago, so they should no longer be on store shelves.

"The products being recalled are Dole Organic Romaine Hearts 3pk (UPC 0-71430-90061-1), combined English/French packaging, with Harvested-On dates of 10-23-20 and 10-26-20, and Wild Harvest Organic Romaine Hearts (UPC 7-11535-50201-2), with Harvested-On dates of 10-23-20 and 10-26-20," the release said.
The recall is due to an isolated instance in which a three-pack of Dole Organic Romaine Hearts tested positive for E. coli in a routine sample collected at a retail store by the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.

E. coli can cause stomach cramps, diarrhea and vomiting. Some infections are mild, but others can be life-threatening.
The US Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) recently issued public health alerts for chicken and beef samosas, chicken and pork tamales, beef stock and spaghetti and meatballs

Last edited by 8DonCo on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled Empty Re: Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled

Post by ga10 Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:38 pm

Last week I asked my bro to pick up a bag of romaine lettuce for me. Luckily he forgot or you would need to trash it.
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled Empty Re: Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled

Post by 8DonCo Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:42 pm

ga10 wrote:Last week I asked my bro to pick up a bag of romaine lettuce for me.  Luckily he forgot or you would need to trash it.

This one is organic  :Giggling:

Romaine in at least 15 states voluntarily recalled JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top