Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine Empty First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine

Post by 8DonCo Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:38 am

The United Kingdom has become the world's first nation to begin vaccinating its citizens with a fully vetted and authorized Covid-19 shot, a landmark moment in the coronavirus pandemic.

The first Briton to get the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine -- 90-year-old Margaret Keenan -- received the first of two doses at 6:31 a.m. local time on Tuesday at University Hospital in Coventry, less than a week after the UK became the first country to approve it.

Keenan, who turns 91 next week, said she felt "privileged" to be the first to get the shot.
"It's the best early birthday present I could wish for because it means I can finally look forward to spending time with my family and friends in the New Year after being on my own for most of the year," she said, according to a statement released by the UK's National Health Service (NHS).

Keenan told UK media the shot was "fine, I wasn't nervous at all," calling it "wonderful, really."

"This is for a good cause so I'm so pleased I had it done. This is a terrible, terrible disease so we do want rid of it," she added.

Keenan advised others eligible for the vaccine to take up the offer: "I would say go for it," she said. "If I can do it, well, so can you."
May Parsons, the nurse who administered the first jab, said she was honored to be involved in the program.

"The last few months have been tough for all of us working in the NHS, but now it feels like there is light at the end of the tunnel," said Parsons, who is originally from the Philippines and has worked in the NHS for 24 years.

William Shakespere, 81, known to friends as Bill, was the second person to get a Covid-19 vaccine at the Coventry hospital on Tuesday. Shakespere, a patient on the hospital's frailty ward, sat with his grandchildren's artwork nearby as he received the jab.
First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine 201208032918-02-uk-covid-vaccination-1208-exlarge-169

William Shakespere, 81, receives the Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine, at University Hospital, Coventry, England on Tuesday.
Nurse Joanna Sloan was the first person in Northern Ireland to receive the vaccine, while George Dyer became one of the first people in London to get the shot at Croydon Health Services.
"Covid-19 is a terrible thing and I feel very lucky that I can now get this vaccine to keep the virus away," said Dyer, a former butcher and hospital volunteer. "It's like I'm about to be given a new lease of life, and I cannot wait to get back out there and make myself useful again."
Gill Rogers, whose husband died with the virus in residential care in April, was among the first to receive the vaccine in Sussex, in southeast England, on Tuesday.
The 86-year-old, who lives near Brighton, told the BBC it had been "quite hard" dealing with grief as well as isolation and that being given the shot meant she would not need to be so careful.
First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine 201208065147-02-may-parsons-uk-covid-vaccinations-exlarge-169

May Parsons, a nurse originally from the Philippines who has worked for the UK's National Health Service for 24 years, administered the first shot in Coventry.
"I'm a bit pleased," she said. "I shan't be so careful, no, I shan't be so worried, I will go in shops more and with luck I might get on to public transport."
"I wasn't doing much before, because while my husband was alive I was spending a lot of time going to the care home, so I've been pretty limited for a long time now," she said.
The logistical challenges of manufacturing and distributing tens of millions of vaccines mean the roll-out will be gradual, with the most vulnerable people and health care workers first in line.

First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine Empty Re: First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine

Post by 8DonCo Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:30 am

8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine Empty Re: First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine

Post by 8DonCo Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:08 am

ai có tiền sử bị dị ứng nặng thì không nên chích loại nầy

People with a "significant history of allergic reactions" should not be given the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, UK health authorities said Wednesday, after two healthcare workers had symptoms after receiving a shot the day before.
The precautionary advice was given after the pair "responded adversely" following their shots on the first day of the mass vaccination rollout in the UK, National Health Service England said Wednesday.
Both staff members reportedly had a significant history of allergic reactions and carried adrenaline autoinjectors, according to PA Media. Thousands overall are believed to have been vaccinated in the UK on Tuesday.

8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by chongxa Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:49 pm

vậy rồi mấy người bị allergy có dính liếu tới không? hy vọng là không.

First Britons receive Covid-19 vaccine Sipping-smiley-emoticon
chongxa

chongxa

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveStory08 Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:51 pm

Let see how they responds to these vaccines! Very Happy

LoveStory08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top