Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Should you work at home ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should you work at home ? Empty Should you work at home ?

Post by 8DonCo Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Ông nầy VN bị tù 5.5 năm vì mang hồ sơ về nhà làm

Ex-NSA employee gets 5 years in prison for taking top secret info home

BALTIMORE — A former National Security Agency (NSA) employee who pleaded guilty to keeping top secret U.S. defense material at his home was sentenced on Tuesday, CBS Baltimore reports. Nghia Hoang Pho, 64, of Ellicott City, Maryland, was sentenced to five years and six months in prison after pleading guilty to the willful retention of national defense information.
At his Tuesday sentencing, Pho explained in faltering English that he took copies of U.S. government documents and writings containing national defense information so he could work from home. He said he was trying to earn a promotion as he neared retirement.

Pho was born in Vietnam and is a naturalized U.S. citizen. He worked as a developer in the NSA's Tailored Access Operations unit, which is involved in cyber operations. 

The charges carried a maximum sentence of 10 years. Prosecutors had recommended a sentence of eight years.

The NSA has suffered a series of setbacks in recent years. Most notably, former NSA contractor Edward Snowden disclosed a cache of classified material in 2013 exposing U.S. government surveillance programs.

In August 2016, Harold Thomas Martin III, 51, of Glen Burnie, Maryland, was arrested by the FBI after federal prosecutors said the former NSA contractor illegally removed highly classified information and stored the material in his home and car.

Reality Winner, 25, a former Air Force linguist who worked as an NSA contractor at a facility in Augusta, Georgia, was charged in June with copying a classified U.S. report and mailing it to a news organization.

Should you work at home ? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Should you work at home ? Empty Re: Should you work at home ?

Post by ga10 Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:15 pm

I wonder if he had applied for retirement yet b4 they sentence him. Otherwise if they fire him now, he could potentially lose some bènefits beside being jailed.

Mà ông này làm NSA thì phải biết là 0 được mang hồ sơ mật về làm ở nhà chứ.
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:19 pm

ga10 wrote:I wonder if he had applied for retirement yet b4 they sentence him.  Otherwise if they fire him now, he could potentially lose some bènefits beside being jailed.

Mà ông này làm NSA thì phải biết là 0 được mang hồ sơ mật về làm ở nhà chứ.  

tui nghĩ ẩu, nghĩ không sao

chắc ổng chưa tiết lộ gì nên mới bi 5 năm

Should you work at home ? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Meiji Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Trời, ông này sao dại vậy trời. Làm co NSA là thuộc loại top security clearance rồi. Khi nó mướn vô là khó lắm mới vô được mà sao ko biết luật vậy ta? Gần retired rồ, dại ghê.
Meiji

Meiji

Back to top Go down

Post by truong vo ky Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:13 am

I don't buy that:"he took copies of U.S. government documents and writings containing national defense information so he could work from home"
Any one work for Nasa,Boeing,Lockheed Martin ....đều biết cannot take proprietary documents home,he knew very well too, ,I am thinking he stored secret documents tìm buyers bán kiếm tiền cho retirement nhưng chưa tới đâu thì bị phát giác
truong vo ky

truong vo ky

Back to top Go down

Post by tech Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:17 am

trời mình muốn vào đó làm lắm nhưng chưa được..........

tech,

Love This Backhand & Backhand Slice
tech

tech

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am

truong vo ky wrote:I don't buy that:"he took copies of U.S. government documents and writings containing national defense information so he could work from home"
Any one work for Nasa,Boeing,Lockheed Martin ....đều biết  cannot take proprietary documents home,he knew  very well too, ,I am thinking he stored secret documents tìm buyers bán kiếm tiền cho retirement  nhưng chưa tới đâu thì bị phát giác

Yep, it made no sênse!

Làm mấy chổ NSA/CIA/FBI họ còn 0 cho mình mang cellphone vào và 0 được dùng internet access vì sợ nhân viên lén chụp hình hoặc leaked out info. Bởi vậy 1 nhân viên làm lâu năm ở đó tại sao 0 biết là mình 0 thể mang giấy tờ cơ mật về nhà?
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by KatN Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:58 am

truong vo ky wrote:I don't buy that:"he took copies of U.S. government documents and writings containing national defense information so he could work from home"
Any one work for Nasa,Boeing,Lockheed Martin ....đều biết  cannot take proprietary documents home,he knew  very well too, ,I am thinking he stored secret documents tìm buyers bán kiếm tiền cho retirement  nhưng chưa tới đâu thì bị phát giác

I agree with you anh TVK. He is lucky to get the 5 1/2 yrs sentence . I am very sure he knows what he is doing, just a matter he got caught before he can sell those to China. I don't think this case is over yet. They will continue to investigate and bring more charges if they found out he indeed sold the information to China.

KatN

Back to top Go down

Post by truong vo ky Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:05 am

KatN wrote:

I agree with you anh TVK.  He is lucky to get the 5 1/2 yrs sentence .  I am very sure he knows what he is doing, just a matter he got caught before he can sell those to China.  I don't think this case is over yet.  They will continue to investigate and bring more charges if they found out he indeed sold the information to China.  
Không nhất thiết phải China,có thể là Russia,Iran even Israel -Smile
Anh nghỉ he chưa sell cho ai,FBI đả điều tra kỷ lưởng rồi mới chộp Lol
He đả bị tuyên án rôi!
truong vo ky

truong vo ky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top