Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Bao Hiem Cho Meo

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Money Bao Hiem Cho Meo

Post by BeiBei Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:51 am

Dogs and cats here in America are so well taken care of and catered to by many of their indentured servants, yet, get allergies and sick which require many costly visits to the vet.

Anyone in here buy pet insurance for your dog or cat?

PetsBest insurance is really good but they don’t cover anal expression. It’s a higher premium if you choose a lower deductible. It’s about 35 per month with a 250 deductible but premium increase yearly as the dog age.

I’ve spent over $700 in the past couple of months just on his Urgent care visit already.

My coworker friend was the one who told me about this insurance. She’s paid 4 months already and have not used the insurance yet stating that she’ll wait to use it only if the bill is over $250. It’s nice to keep them insured but it’s not cheap due to the yearly increase.

What is your thought and experience on this?
BeiBei

BeiBei

Back to top Go down

Money Re: Bao Hiem Cho Meo

Post by 8DonCo Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:08 am

con chó nhỏ cháu họ tui năm ngoái vô bệnh viện tốn hết 20K , bh trả 

đúng là thiếu nợ súc vật  Laugh

Bao Hiem Cho Meo JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuom Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:14 am

20K nhiều quá! Nếu không mua insurance mỗi lần đi khám cho nó là bao nhiêu vậy Bei?
Cuom

Cuom

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:17 am

Cuom wrote:20K nhiều quá! Nếu không mua insurance mỗi lần đi khám cho nó là bao nhiêu vậy Bei?

nó bi operation gì đó, cũng may có bh

Bao Hiem Cho Meo JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuom Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:23 am

Nuôi chó mèo trong nhà, thương tụi nó dữ lắm tui hiểu mà! Tui có con mèo, chắc chủ cũ nuôi rổi bỏ nó (stray cat) nó hay núp dưới gầm xe tui nên tui cho nó vô nhà cho ăn, nhưng nó không chịu ở luôn trong nhà, nó cứ lẩn quẩn ngoài sân luôn luôn. Tui cũng thương nó lắm.
Cuom

Cuom

Back to top Go down

Post by TuTu Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:24 am

chó mèo bên đây khi nuôi thì thương như con rồi ....boi vậy khi thấy tụi nó bịnh thì chủ willing bỏ tiền chạy chữa ....tiền chi phí nghe ngán thiêt. ha ...mà hong chữa thì hong nỡ .

TuTu

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveStory08 Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:41 pm

I think it’s worth it if you’re spending that much Very Happy

LoveStory08

Back to top Go down

Post by BeiBei Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:39 pm

8DonCo wrote:con chó nhỏ cháu họ tui năm ngoái vô bệnh viện tốn hết 20K , bh trả 

đúng là thiếu nợ súc vật  Laugh

My coworker friend said she spent thousands of dollars on her dog from surgeries, medications to acupuncture and the dog didn’t make it. She’s afraid this one might have the same problem and bought insurance for him.
BeiBei

BeiBei

Back to top Go down

Post by BeiBei Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:40 pm

Cuom wrote:20K nhiều quá! Nếu không mua insurance mỗi lần đi khám cho nó là bao nhiêu vậy Bei?

Urgent care is $95, anal expression is $51, lab tests and medications all added up to almost $300 for 1 visit. Not only that, I had to sit in there with him for almost 3 hours before they could see him since the office was swamped.

(I noticed I was the only Asian in there and the rest were my trang.)

Biet hoi do hoc lam vet. I’m sure they make lots of money. Heheh
BeiBei

BeiBei

Back to top Go down

Post by BeiBei Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:42 pm

TuTu wrote:chó mèo bên đây khi nuôi thì thương như con rồi ....boi vậy khi thấy tụi nó bịnh thì chủ willing bỏ tiền chạy chữa ....tiền chi phí nghe ngán thiêt. ha ...mà hong chữa thì hong nỡ .

Our first dog was super healthy. It gotta be the dye in the doggy treats we’ve been giving him. Ever since I stop feeding him filet mignon biscuit and replaced them with steamed vegetables, his allergies went away and no more swollen anal glands.
BeiBei

BeiBei

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuom Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:53 pm

Anal expression là gì vậy? Con mèo nhiều khi nó bị ói, tui tội quá muốn đem nó đi bác sĩ mà không biết họ charge bao nhiêu. Thanks Beibei, I did not know they are really busy like that.
Cuom

Cuom

Back to top Go down

Post by TuTu Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:24 pm

nghe nói chó fải drain anal gland from time to time ?BeiBei có đánh răng cho chó không ?

mèo bị ói maybe eating hair ball ?dr checkup they might charge about 60$ per visiit( or a little more bc of inflation right now ) ....tiền chữa trị /thuoc men là khác ...chị Cườm call máy chỗ vet gần nhà hỏi thăng> giá check up em nghĩ họ có thể cho chị biết . Cái khổ là nhìu khi đem tới vet nó fai? làm x-ray or something add vô more ....

TuTu

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuom Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:48 pm

Có lần nó ói ra hairball, mấy lần khác nó ói ra food. Chắc tại cho ăn nhiều quá nên nó bị bội thực chăng? Con này khó mà bắt nó chun vô cái cage nhỏ để đem nó đi bác sĩ, nó thích sống bên ngoài nhiều hơn trong nhà.
Cuom

Cuom

Back to top Go down

Post by TuTu Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:50 pm

Cườm , em không nghĩ nó bị bội thực , maybe something wrong with him/her .

once a stray cat for a while rồi , thì nó thích cuộc sống tự do bên ngoài thôi ...trừ khi nó bị bịnh nang*. và yếu cần mình chăm sóc nen fai? o+? trong nhà .

cho mèo vào cái cage nhỏ là 1 cực hình, but cái này make life much easy nè :

https://www.chewy.com/rocket-rex-athleisure-soft-sided-dog/dp/356861

trên Amazon bán nhièu lắm, giá rẻ hơn nhièu ....trên tóp có cái zipper, chị mở sẳn cái top, drop con mèo vô đó ,zip' lại=> done deal ....còn cho nó chui vó cái cage cứng bằng plastic thì khó khăn lắm

phần đông nen chọn size Medium ....trừ khi nó nhỏ xíu thì size small ....trong cái carrier này cho vào chút đồ ăn và vài món đồ chơi neu^' có , make nó a bit comfortable while on the trip to the vet .

em nghĩ tièn chi phí to see bs for check up thì khoảng 50-65$ , tiền run may cái tests mới đáng so+. .....họ hoi> mình truóc niu mình ok họ mới go ahead .

TuTu

Back to top Go down

Post by TuTu Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:10 pm

phần đông chị Cườm cho nó ăn gì ? níu đồ ăn nhà tự nấu thì hình như mèo nó không tolerate được nhièu spices đó chị như hành/ tỏi ....và rát ít muối thôi .....

TuTu

Back to top Go down

Post by BeiBei Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:29 am

LoveStory08 wrote:I think it’s worth it if you’re spending that much Very Happy

My first dog co’ bao gioi bi allergies dau. I guess the more love you give them(feeding them treats and more over the counter treats) the more sick they’ll get. Ko biet co’ nen mua insurance ko? Accidents are covered in 3 days whereas illnesses are covered in about 2 weeks. I can pay the monthly premium but I would have to pay the additional $250 deductible if I take him to the vet and the visit do not guarantee reimbursement.

Vet scheduled an appointment to see him again in 3 weeks to get his anal gland expressed. This time cost will be $51 and the thing is insurance don’t pay for this. It’s just more money on top of one another.

How much do you pay insurance for Rosy?
BeiBei

BeiBei

Back to top Go down

Post by BeiBei Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:46 am

Cuom wrote:Anal expression là gì vậy? Con mèo nhiều khi nó bị ói, tui tội quá muốn đem nó đi bác sĩ mà không biết họ charge bao nhiêu. Thanks Beibei, I did not know they are really busy like that.

Allergies can cause his anal gland to be impacted with fluids and if not expressed will cause his anus to be red and swollen. His symptom would be licking at the area or scooting on his butt.

That vet was the cheapest. Other vet office would charge $150 for emergency only. Lab tests, medications and exam would be an additional charge. Yep, they really know how to make money.

Office visit is $50 but you would have to make an appt but they’re all booked out until 2-3 weeks. They’ll put you on a cancellation list and call which don’t guarantee anything. I’d rather spend an additional $45 to pay for urgent care so his issue can be resolved instantly.

It’s unbelievable! I’ve never seen an office packed with dogs like this office. People dropping off their dogs for teeth cleaning while others take them back for frequent check ups due to their health problems.

I suspect it’s the over the counter treats that big businesses are making money off from pet parents. I’ve started giving him steamed veggies such as broccoli, cauliflowers, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash and pumpkin and noticed that his nose is not runny anymore. 🙊

Human foods have to pass FDA and USDA approved.
while animals foods don’t. Now, there’s the problem.
BeiBei

BeiBei

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuom Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:10 am

TuTu wrote:phần đông chị Cườm cho nó ăn gì ? níu đồ ăn nhà tự nấu thì hình như mèo nó không tolerate được nhièu spices đó chị như hành/ tỏi ....và rát ít muối thôi .....

Tutu có nuôi mèo không? Nghe nói chuyện rành quá. Tui cho nó ăn dried food của mèo, dạo gần đây có search youtube nấu wet food cho nó ở nhà, không có cho spices gì hết, nấu cũng dễ chỉ là thịt gà và gan trộn chung nấu chín rồi xay ra như pate vậy. Nó thích lắm. Bây giờ không cho ăn nhiều nữa, mỗi lần cho ăn cợ 1/2 cup là đủ, ngày ăn 2 lần. Hy vọng nó không bị ói nữa.
Cuom

Cuom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuom Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:15 am

Beibei: I did not know dogs would eat veggies. My cat won't touch her food if I put carrots, or potatoes into her meal.
Cuom

Cuom

Back to top Go down

Post by BeiBei Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:17 am

Cuom wrote:
TuTu wrote:phần đông chị Cườm cho nó ăn gì ? níu đồ ăn nhà tự nấu thì hình như mèo nó không tolerate được nhièu spices đó chị như hành/ tỏi ....và rát ít muối thôi .....

Tutu có nuôi mèo không? Nghe nói chuyện rành quá. Tui cho nó ăn dried food của mèo, dạo gần đây có search youtube nấu wet food cho nó ở nhà, không có cho spices gì hết, nấu cũng dễ chỉ là thịt gà và gan trộn chung nấu chín rồi xay ra như pate vậy. Nó thích lắm. Bây giờ không cho ăn nhiều nữa, mỗi lần cho ăn cợ 1/2 cup là đủ, ngày ăn 2 lần. Hy vọng nó không bị ói nữa.

Throwing up could be due to hunger or their treats sis. It happened before to thang B too and I had to split up the feeding time to twice and day, and a 1/2 cup eat time.

I have to cut back his food intake since vet said he could lose 2-3 pounds. Vet was nice not to say he’s “Ef aye thi”. 😜

BeiBei

BeiBei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top