Our forum runs best with JavaScript enabled !

Fair or not?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fair or not? Empty Fair or not?

Post by ga10 Mon May 01, 2023 9:00 am

https://defused.com/office-employee-quits/?utm_source=unwomanly&utm_medium=unwomanly&utm_campaign=unwomanly

Since the pandemic, many people now want to WFH permanently since they don't have to deal with the commute, save money on gas (and probably not having to buy work attire).

However do you think Managers should allow special treatments to certain individuals if they are top performers and not others? My HR had advised me if I allow 1 person, then I may need to allow others to do the same thing. Hence, it's difficult for the Managers to make exception unless they are willing to take the risk that everyone will want to WFH 100% too.

What would you do if you were the top performer like this case? If you were the Manager in this case?

ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Fair or not? Empty Re: Fair or not?

Post by TuTu Mon May 01, 2023 9:14 am

vay néu ai cũng WFH thì building / office bị bỏ trống hay sao ?

em thì nghĩ WFH thì WFH hết , vô office thì vô hết , khôngn phân chia top perfomrers or no ...làm vậy gây ganh ghét và xáo trộn between workers .

TuTu

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveStory08 Mon May 01, 2023 9:24 am

WFH saves company money too not having to rent office space, etc.

LoveStory08

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Mon May 01, 2023 9:27 am

LoveStory08 wrote:WFH saves company money too not having to rent office space, etc.

But empty office buildings are not good for businesses & citiescounties/states. Hence, I think they are asking employers to have employees coming back to work slowly. Maybe a couple of days a week and slowly increasing.
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Mon May 01, 2023 9:44 am

Ignore performance , mọi người bình đẳng Smile 

Fair or not? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Mon May 01, 2023 9:49 am

yeah, cái luật đâu có nói về performance đâu . phải bình đẳng

hãng Gạo, new hires, phải on site at least 2 days/wk, Wednesday + 1 day of their choice

Rice

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Mon May 01, 2023 11:00 am

Last year my company sent out an email saying Managers can allow employees to WFH upto 3 days/week.  But then they threw in a statement like "exception can be made at the discretion of the Managers".  Gà allowed teams maxiumum WFH 3 days week (chỉ vào sở 2 ngày thôi) vậy mà cũng có đứa complained đòi WFH 5 days nó nói commute nó xa quá (1 hour).

Gà giải thích là trước đây nó had no problem coming in every day with the same commute thì nó nói là concerned with COVID.  Gà cũng giải thích là COVID is here to stay and our company did everything to minimize the risks by requesting employees to get at least 1 or 2 vaccines (unless they have health conditions) và mổi ngày cleaning crew wiped down desks etc.  Nhưng nó 0 chịu và cũng nói vài teams khác Managers allowed their team to WFH 100%.  Bởi vậy Gà wished the HR gave out very clear policy chứ cái vụ at the discretion of the Managers cũng hơi khó enforce.

Nhỏ này làm việc cũng giỏi cho nên in the end Gà nói với nó là I cannot allow you the exception, however, you can escalate it up to my boss.  In the end ổng cũng gave in và cho nó WFH 5 days/week.  So far thì chưa thấy mấy đứa kia complained yet...nếu có thì Gà cũng sẽ nói là I did not allow it but she escalated higher up nếu tụi nó muốn làm thì they can do so as well.

ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Mon May 01, 2023 11:24 am

Công nhận Covid làm cho ai cũng làm biếng nên đoi WFH  Laugh

Thank Cô Vi

Fair or not? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tu* Khoai Mon May 01, 2023 11:44 am

ga10 wrote:

What would you do if you were the top performer like this case?  If you were the Manager in this case?

Everyone deserves a fair and equal treatment. I would give the employees the freedom to choose what he/she wanted to do. Most people prefer WFH, while there are folks still like to come to the office. Once the votes are in, I would have to analyze the situation to see if allowing the employees to WFH is the efficient methods of production. Will productivity reduced or meet and exceed the management's expectations.

At the end of the day, there should be no favoritism or impartial treatment to anyone who I would deem "outstanding performance" . "Due Process" is what should be the approach to the decisions.

HEY CHUMP! YOU'RE FIRED

CHUMP AKA THE BIG LIE

Fair or not? 2023431958 Fair or not? 2023431958 Fair or not? 2023431958 Fair or not? 2023431958 Fair or not? 2023431958
Tu* Khoai

Tu* Khoai

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Mon May 01, 2023 11:45 am

mấy người già (career is well established or stable) thì ok chứ mấy đứa trẻ cần networking you know, they cần socialize at work too.

Rice

Back to top Go down

Post by hoàng tử lưng gù Mon May 01, 2023 12:01 pm

ga10 wrote:https://defused.com/office-employee-quits/?utm_source=unwomanly&utm_medium=unwomanly&utm_campaign=unwomanly

Since the pandemic, many people now want to WFH permanently since they don't have to deal with the commute, save money on gas (and probably not having to buy work attire).

However do you think Managers should allow special treatments to certain individuals if they are top performers and not others?  My HR had advised me if I allow 1 person, then I may need to allow others to do the same thing.  Hence, it's difficult for the Managers to make exception unless they are willing to take the risk that everyone will want to WFH 100% too.

What would you do if you were the top performer like this case?  If you were the Manager in this case?

Shake my head, and walk away. Poor management often dig a hole burring him/herself.
hoàng tử lưng gù

hoàng tử lưng gù

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Mon May 01, 2023 12:07 pm

Rice wrote:mấy người già (career is well established or stable) thì ok chứ mấy đứa trẻ cần networking you know, they cần socialize at work too.

2 gà con đều prefer to WFH 100% tuy đều in their early 30's. Tụi nó nói WFH save gas money, expensive parking fees & also they can sleep in at least 45 minutes extra in the morning. Gà cũng có a few candidates turned down our offer when they found out they cannot do 100% WFH. I guess many people now expect to be able to WFH now.
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Mon May 01, 2023 12:09 pm

ga10 wrote:
Rice wrote:mấy người già (career is well established or stable) thì ok chứ mấy đứa trẻ cần networking you know, they cần socialize at work too.

2 gà con đều prefer to WFH 100% tuy đều in their early 30's.  Tụi nó nói WFH save gas money, expensive parking fees & also they can sleep in at least 45 minutes extra in the morning.  Gà cũng có a few candidates turned down our offer when they found out they cannot do 100% WFH.  I guess many people now expect to be able to WFH now.

đĩ nhiên, tất cả đều LAZY từ big boss tới nhân viên, mấy ông boss giờ cũng làm biếng go to work  Fair or not? 3507324239

Fair or not? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Mon May 01, 2023 12:11 pm

https://cafemom.com/news/horrible-family-called-out-kids-pool/the-mom-then-turned-things-over-to-reddit-to-get-strangers-thoughts-on-the

On a separate note, do you think it's reasonable for the neighbor whose child drowned in their neighbor's pool last year to expect the new homeowners not used their pool because it traumatized them?

What would you do if you are the new homeowners?
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by hoàng tử lưng gù Mon May 01, 2023 12:20 pm

ga10 wrote:https://cafemom.com/news/horrible-family-called-out-kids-pool/the-mom-then-turned-things-over-to-reddit-to-get-strangers-thoughts-on-the

On a separate note, do you think it's reasonable for the neighbor whose child drowned in their neighbor's pool last year to expect the new homeowners not used their pool because it traumatized them?

What would you do if you are the new homeowners?

Thường người bán phải nói cho người mua biết trước chuyện này chứ chị Gà? Nếu mà người mua biết mà vẫn mua, then it is up to người mua decision what to do.
hoàng tử lưng gù

hoàng tử lưng gù

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Mon May 01, 2023 12:24 pm

hoàng tử lưng gù wrote:Thường người bán phải nói cho người mua biết trước chuyện này chứ chị Gà?  Nếu mà người mua biết mà vẫn mua, then it is up to người mua decision what to do.  

Đọc trong bài viết thì người bán có informed người mua là có đứa nhỏ drowned trong cái pool của họ. Nhưng người mua vẩn mua vì thấy giá affordable hơn có lẽ cũng vì đã có đứa nhỏ drowned.

Họ thích nhà có swimming pool nên mới mua cho nên hè tới họ filled up the pool. What they did not expect was their neighbors' objection/criticism that they are being insensitive to their neighbor's trauma.
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by tech Mon May 01, 2023 12:36 pm

cho tech lấy ghế ra ngồi học hỏi thêm vụ này...

-TECH-

Love This Backhand & Backhand Slice
tech

tech

Back to top Go down

Post by hoàng tử lưng gù Mon May 01, 2023 12:50 pm

ga10 wrote:
hoàng tử lưng gù wrote:Thường người bán phải nói cho người mua biết trước chuyện này chứ chị Gà?  Nếu mà người mua biết mà vẫn mua, then it is up to người mua decision what to do.  

Đọc trong bài viết thì người bán có informed người mua là có đứa nhỏ drowned trong cái pool của họ.  Nhưng người mua vẩn mua vì thấy giá affordable hơn có lẽ cũng vì đã có đứa nhỏ drowned.

Họ thích nhà có swimming pool nên mới mua cho nên hè tới họ filled up the pool.  What they did not expect was their neighbors' objection/criticism that they are being insensitive to their neighbor's trauma.  

New owner does not care hồ bơi có người chết còn mua, thì làm sao expect new owner care his/her neighbor's feeling?
hoàng tử lưng gù

hoàng tử lưng gù

Back to top Go down

Post by 8DonCo Mon May 01, 2023 12:52 pm

neighbor kế bên mà không care thì cũng nên cẩn thận như thằng neighbor còn đang bị truy nã Smile

Fair or not? JQrjmZ
8DonCo

8DonCo

Back to top Go down

Post by ga10 Mon May 01, 2023 1:13 pm

I understand the other family lost their child and is grieving so it's understandable that hearing the children playing in the pool might traumatized them.  If it's that bad, then they should consider moving away so they don't have to be reminded of the tragedy whenever they looked at the pool anymore.  Just like the previous homeowners did not want to be reminded of what happened in their pool so they moved and sold their house for the lower price.

It's somewhat unreasonable for them to expect the new home owners to not enjoy their home just because a tragedy had occurred before they were even living there.  If the child had drowned in a YMCA pool, can they expect the YMCA to close down permanently?  Or if someone died in a car or plane crashes, can they expect the car companies/airlines to stop operating altogether?

For me, I would never buy that house knowingly a kid had drowned recently in that pool because I would be afraid of "ma da" and more tragedies would happened. In fact, I would not buy any house with a pool since it's too much hassle/liabilities!
ga10

ga10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top